How to Repair Corrupted Photos?
Photographs, the memories captured by cameras, have emerged as a major chunk of digital data stored in computer systems. Unfortunately, these photographs are prone to corruption and damage. The photos, be it of any file format, may get corrupted owing to various reasons.
It might be a very panicking and irritating situation if your photos get corrupted. But you need not worry as there are ways to repair damaged or corrupted photos. The best solution is to use photo repair software to fix corrupted pictures, videos, audios, and other kinds of data.
In this article, we’ll cover some simplest ways that can help you repair corrupt photographs and make them accessible again.
Workarounds to Restore the Corrupt Photos
1. Restore Photos from Backup
It is mentioned under the tips for data safety of almost each and every article related to data loss that creating a backup at the right time can save you from a lot of hassle. If you have a backup of your photos, you can use such backup to recover the corrupted photos.
2. Convert Photo into Another Format
It might not sound very promising but converting the corrupt photo into a different format can work wonders as it reformats all the file extensions used in the photo.
It is not such a huge task to change the format of the picture. You can easily get this done by using an online file converter tool.
3. Download the Photo Again
If the photo has been downloaded from the internet and is not opening, then it is obvious that the file which was downloaded is corrupted.
It may happen because of internet interruption during the downloading process. In such a case, downloading the photo once again will easily resolve the issue.
Methods to Repair Corrupt Photos
Here are some solutions to repair corrupt photos:
Method 1: Run CHKDSK
Bad sectors on the hard disk may result in corruption of data, including photos. This problem could be easily resolved by running the CHKDSK command. Here are the steps to do so:
- Make sure the hard disk containing the corrupted file is connected to the computer system.
- Open Windows Search Box and type COMMAND.
- Open Command Prompt and type CHKDSK (drive letter)/r in the dialog box.
- Once the process is complete, restart the computer system and try to open the photo again.
Method 2: Perform SFC Scan
You can perform SFC scan to resolve file system corruption.It can also help repair corrupted photos. Here are the steps:
- Open the Windows Start menu and type CMD in the search box.
- Right-click on the CMD and select the ‘Run as Administrator option.
- In the command prompt window, type ‘sfc/scannow’ and press enter.
- The program will automatically scan and resolve the issues in the entire computer system.
- Once this time-consuming process is complete, restart the computer system and try to open the photo again.
Step by Step Guide to Cloud Migration
Method 3: Repair Corrupt Photos by using Photo Repair Software
The best way to repair the damaged/corrupted pictures is by using a photo repair software such as Stellar Repair for Photo. The software can repair corrupt photos of any file format. Irrespective of the storage media, the software lets you repair all kinds of pictures, including RAW camera images. The software works on both Mac and Windows operating systems.
No matter what is the reason behind a corrupted picture, you can repair and restore it by using the methods mentioned in this post. The easiest and safest way to repair corrupt photos is by using Stellar Repair for Photo software. It can repair corrupt photos of any file format within minutes.